Milton H. Bell is an architect who has worked in the Beaumont area for the past 60 years. During the course of his professional career he has been employed with several architectural firms including: Stone and Pitts Architects and Engineers; Pitts, Mebane and Phelps Architects and Engineers; Pitts, Mebane, Phelps and White Architects and Engineers; and then Milton Bell Associates, Inc. A graduate with a degree in architecture from Texas A and M University, he first served in the field artillery branch of the United States military during the Korean War from 1953 to 1955, and after active duty made his home in Beaumont. He has been involved in numerous architectural undertakings in the City of Beaumont. Some of his professional pursuits have included working on the following architectural projects: the United States Embassy in Mexico; First Security Bank; Parkdale Bank; Tyrrell Historical Library; Lamar University; Jefferson Theatre; Julie Rogers Theatre; Babe Didrikson Zaharias Museum; Texas Energy Museum; Memorial Herman Baptist-Beaumont Hospital; Christus Hospital-St. Elizabeth; Mid-Jefferson Hospital; Park Place Hospital; Beaumont Bone and Joint Institute; St. Anne Catholic School; All Saints Episcopal School; St. Andrews Presbyterain Church; and Temple Emanuel. The Bell Papers consist of architectural drawings and renderings, photographs, project and contract files, reference and specification files, and other assorted material.