American National Bank of Beaumont was formed on May 4, 1901. It quickly grew as a financial institution and in 1972 was merged with the name changed in 1981 to Texas Commerce Bank. This was followed in 1987 with the bank becoming an owned subsidiary of Chemical Bank Corporation of New York and in 1996 the name of the bank was changed to Chase Bank of Texas. Then in 1999 the bank was purchased and the name changed to Hibernia National Bank. And finally, in March of 2006 the bank was again purchased and the name changed to Capital One Bank. The Capital One Bank records consist of bank-related individual photographs, photograph albums, scrapbooks, architectural drawings, newspaper clippings files, anniversary publications, and other miscellany items.