The history of Bethlehem Lutheran Church begins in 1926, when Reverend H. Schliesser, Iowa Synod Missionary, proposed Beaumont as a good location for a new church. With the help of Student Pastor M. C. G. Heinrich, and later pastors F. C. H. Scholz and George Schardt, they began canvassing Beaumont for potential members. The church was officially organized on September 4, 1927, with Student Pastor A. L. Pfennig being named its first pastor in October 1927. Church services were held in several different locations over the next few months, including at the W.O.W. Hall on the corner of Main and Wall Streets, and later in an unused Baptist church. In November 1928, a combined church and parsonage was dedicated at 2005 Hazel.
The church went through some difficult times after this year due to the Great Depression, and had several pastors during this time. However, the church was able to build a bigger church building, separate from the parsonage, in 1938. Finally, in June 1939, Reverend C. A. Woytek became Bethlehem Lutheran's new pastor. He remained for thirty-seven and a half years, retiring in December 1976. The church had grown from 91 to 600 members during his pastorate. After his retirement, he was named emeritus pastor of Bethlehem Lutheran.
Bethlehem Lutheran's next pastor, Reverend Daniel Schorlemer, oversaw the church’s golden anniversary. He left in 1981, and was replaced by Reverend Douglas McBride.
The church has a successful music program, which was led for many years by Mary Woodland. Woodland served for over twenty-five years as Director of Music. The church also possesses an organ with 1,075 pipes, which was dedicated in 1964.
In 1976, Bethlehem Lutheran purchased three lots at the corner of Fourth and Hazel, which were then sold to the McFaddin-Ward House for use as a parking lot. The McFaddin-Ward House also allowed the Church to use this lot as needed.
In 1996, Bethlehem built a new narthex joining together the sanctuary and fellowship hall, and a new education wing. This construction was followed by the renovation of the fellowship hall, which was dedicated in December 1997.
Bethlehem Lutheran celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2002. They are currently led by Reverend Sabine S. Lamar.